Re: inboard front brakes on FWD

Actually, all this talk about inboard brakes on FWD cars has me glad
that they never really caught on here in the 'States.  Considering
the average quantity of automotive maintenance knowledge embedded
in the average citizen here, I wouldn't doubt that someone would
let their CV joints go through their "click of death" cycle to the
point of complete failure.  When that CV joint lets go, you
lose all braking power to that corner of the car.  Combined with
the fact that FWD cars are normally nose heavy and braking action
transfers even more weight to the end of the car with the failed
brake, it sounds like a recipe for disaster and lawsuit.

- -Dennis
San Diego, CA
'85 GTV6