Help!! Mayday!! mayday!!

I have an urgent problem - my headlights are not working and I'm far from
home on a business trip to the middle of nowhere!! I'm OK this morning, but
I need to drive back to the hotel tonight (45 mins) and back home tomorrow
night (2.5 hours).

I was driving back to my hotel last night when the lights flickered (ALL
lights, including interior) and I heard a clicking sound from the fusebox.
Then everything went out. I played with the switch (turned the lights on,
and off) and they would flicker on and off.

Then they gave up completely and now what happens is when I have the parking
lights on, everything's OK, but when I turn on the headlights, everything
goes out. If I leave just the parking lights on (which also turns on the fog
lights, thankfully, it's REALLY dark out here) I can make the high-beams
work without shutting everything off (doesn't crap out).

I'm doing some work at a nuclear power plant and they've got us staying
about 45 minutes away (nearest hotel. In fact, nearest human). I've been
working late, and heading home after dark - that means a long ride without
headlights is really BAD.

Can anyone help me??? I have checked the fuse box, all fuses are intact. I
tried unplugging one headlight at a time, figuring one of them might be
causing a problem. Didn't help.

What should I look at next??

Heeelllp!!!!

Thanks,