164 Exhaust Sounds - Please Help

I need some Alfisti advice re: my 91 164S. After 2 years with a nice Stebro
exhaust (center and rear) I have decided I want to change the sound of my
exhaust. I am bored with the Stebro!  It is so polite.

I want "burbles" on downshifts, a gutsy deeper sound around town, a sound
that "grabs you" on full acceleration, and a "wail" on high revs.  I want
to turn heads without having the police called.  I want to be loud without
being (overly) annoying! I never drive this car on the freeway for long
distances so the "drone" doesn't scare me.

My plan is to buy an ANSA rear - but what (else) should (could) I do?? Will
this be a big enough change?  Should I customize something?  Have something
built? I've scoured the net for reports on the ANSA sound and seen mixed
results - some say its similar to OEM, and then gets louder when warm.
That doesn't sound too dramatic for $200+!

Who's done something interesting here on this issue?  Any good or bad
experiences?  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!  Clearly a second childhood issue...

M. Taylor Smith
MTaylorS@domain.elided
TSmith@domain.elided
http://www2.netcom.com/~mtaylors/taylor.html