Howard Warren's SPICA problems

Hey Howard!
       Sounds like a bad rear fuel filter to me.Just had a similar problem on
my "79Alfetta.Car sat for about 1 1/2 years,dummy ran it on the gas in the
tank, ran it out, and refilled the tank to full.I got the same problem your'e
having.Change the rear mounted fuel filter (Fram part number 51009, available
at PEP BOYS of all places.There's 30 of them in their Texas warehouse,I just
special ordered two.they cost $5.89 each and you can get them in two days
time.Went in to this place to pick up some cleaning supplies, asked the parts
counter guy and nearly fell over in shock when he said they were available! )
    For kicks, drain your fuel tank and change out the main fuel filter in the
engine compartment too.That should take care of it.
Learning about the 4 cyl. Alfas very quickly,
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold-Alfie
1979 Alfetta Velocissima-Lazarus