How do you remove the center console for '86 Spider?

I'm trying to replace the shift boot and the gearshift boot for my '86 Alfa
Spider, so I need to remove the center console.

Question 1) How do I remove the console? (I can only see one visible screw
located underneath the handle of the hand brake.)
Question 2) How do I remove the ash try? (The tray seems to be stuck, but I
didn't want to force it out)
Question 3) What precautions should I take so I don't rip something apart?

Thanks
steve@domain.elided