What is the Alfa 90 called in the U.S.?

I have just returned after a field trip driving a "Found-On-Rubbish-Dump"
Transit diesel van - an experience I'd rather not talk about - to read John
Hertzman's comments and some of the replies.

 I have to agree with John: the Alfa 90 is a superb car combining the best
points of the GTV6 with the comfort of its previous notable 4-door
predecessor the 1750/2000 Berlina. Certainly in interior appointments,
visibility and ergonomics it completely outclasses the almost clustrophobic
75/Milano. As well, those who have tried to fit anything remotely large in
the trunk of a Milano will not quibble when I say that the Alfa90 wins
hands down. In the handling department, however, there are deficiencies -
excessive body roll and some weird handling characteristics which can be
partly overcome with higher spec tyres eg 205-55s. Our 90 was (met a sad
end - speeding idiot in a CRX hit it head on) a 2.5 V6 with the "Star Wars"
dash not a feature that appealed to everyone but I thought it was great.
especially watching the delight of kids crowding around to see it light up
like the Millenium Falcon on start up!

The Alfasud - hang in there John. I like you, have never ever been even
remotely tempted to own one of these. I have driven enough of them and even
one around Bathurst on unofficial practice day but have not change my
indifference towards these cars. Each to his own; there are people out
there who probably don't like GTVs but hey, do I lose sleep over it? No
way. Why do some people insist that everyone has to like what they do??!!

Les GTV fanatic in Wellington, New Zealand

over the years - 7 GTVs, Giulia Sprint GT, GTA1300Jr, 2000 Berlina, Alfa
90, Alfa 75, Alfetta GT, 3 Alfetta GTVs, GTV6, Giulietta Nuova ........ and
beetle bomb!(Not)
My assessment : best 4 door  - 2000 Berlina
		  best 2 door  - 105 series 1750/2000 GTV
		  Best front wheel drive - Mini Cooper (only non Alfa I have ever owned)

End of alfa-digest V7 #500