Re: Problem with 75 TS

In message , Anders Nilsson <anders.nilsson@domain.elided> writes
>Hi,
>
>My 75 TS won't run (sort of). When I started it, it idled smoothly, so I backed
>out of my car port. Then I found that idling was the only thing the car wants to
>do. If I open the throttle, it revs up to about 2000 rpm where it dies. When the
>revs have come down to about 1000 rpm, it fires up again.
>
>It makes no difference if it is warm or not.
>I hooked up the timing lamp, and found out that there was no spark at all when
>the engine dies, seems like the ECU turns it off when I reach 2000 rpm (pretty
>lame rev limiter, duh).
>
>I've checked power supply, no problems.
>AFM is working fine.
>
>Any ideas anyone?
There is a throttle closed switch which kills the spark and injectors
above 2000rpm if the throttle is closed, it's supposed to reduce fuel
usage when you lift your foot. It's located under the throttle body and
is a bit adjustable by undoing two screws and twisting it. It's a bitch
to get at.
- --
jonathan coates