overflow tank thread moralizing

Wow, me too !!!
I also had my overflow tank fail in my 82 gtv6. The clever little bastard
that I am, I quickly fashioned a replacement out of a rare spotted walrus
bladder ! How is that for roadside repair? It works like a charm, and I have
not been arrested yet.

Come on....pay up or quit whining. The law of supply and demand is cruel.
Capitalism was not founded on good will and honesty. You find a geek  who
wants something really badly, and you charge him what he can stomach. Being
a nice vendor to get repeat business is nice, but you should not expect it
on a custom low volume item, just be grateful that it happens, as it is an
exception.
I just found out that the LCD for the 164LS went up in price to $2300.
Ridiculous? Yes. Highway robbery? Probably. Would I shell out for it myself
to see what time and temp it is? No. Would I use my b--b extended warranty
to get a replacement? Maybe.
Like my friend Ken says, in a bad Italian accent:  "Do you want that water
pump with the shaft, or without the shaft?"
Sometimes you get shafted, and you have to like it. Sometimes you do not. It
all evens out, just watch the Seinfeld reruns.

This philosophical aphorism on the nature of the free market economy has
been brought to you by your favorite former Eastern Bock dweller, now a
proud US citizen and Alfa owner;

Luke Kowalski, of San Mateo, CA -USA
74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164LS, 98 Audi A6 Q

PS. Funny, "Seinfeld" spellchecks as "Sniffed"