164 idle700-1500

	I have also had a similar problem on occassions, I believe it to
be an electrical problem. I have noticed that when my revs
oscillate so does the voltage on the volt meter. Its only intermitant
and seems to tie in with the strange noises coming form my
alternator ~(which I think are due the belt being a bit slack), try
checking this first.  Bad electrical connections or the presence
of water/moister may also cause electrical problems.  My speedo
occassionally jumps up and down between min and about 	80mph (when I am
stationary), I think this is part of the same problem?

      Not really an answer, but I would suggest checking all the
appropraite conections, may clean them. Check that the alternator
and battery are good too.

	Alex.