window-regulator cable

When mine broke, I replaced it with cable from the hardware store for  a
total cost of less than $1.00. It wasn't that hard to do when I figured o=
ut
a ridiculously simple way to keep the cable on the drum while re-assembli=
ng
the regulator mechanism. I secured  the cable ends through the drum,
wrapped the cable around the drum the correct number of times, then wrapp=
ed
masking tape around the cable and drum enough times to hold the thing
together. After the whole system was installed in the door, I operated th=
motor and the cable tore off the masking tape. The window is still workin=
perfectly four years later.

Paul Rollins
Vancouver, WA