Wheels, and a worthy cause

In AD7-490  B i l l   H a r k e l l  mentioned the availability of new Alfa
wheels in 14" and 15"sizes direct through Alfa Romeo, including (goody!) boy-
racer pseudo-modulars, a swept-spoke five-spoke (shades of Boyd Coddington!)
and the 156 wheel. I assume that these are all 98 mm standard Fiat circle,
mostly five hole suitable for 164 (and 168), Milano and GTV-6 IF the offset is
in the ballpark (probably) and IF the hub-centricity vs. stud-centricity
question is a non-issue. Also assume they are probably all 6" or wider. If
there are 15" four-bolt types among them that might be of interest to the
Alfetta crowd.

I had offered vintage Alfetta Velocissima Special Edition documentation to
Terry Akins in exchange for a $10 Welty-fund donation, and he in a fit of
exuberance doubled it to twenty, and has picked up on the concept in offering
a GTV-6 owner's manual to a needy fellow digestisti for a similar donation.
Marvelous! If we can keep the snowball rolling ("Duetto roller, some rust, for
$3,000 donation to Welty Fund") we may yet buy Richard a grey-market 156 as
well as help trim the digest's overhead.

Cordially,

John H.
Raleigh N.C.