environmental license plates and spider tops

I want to get an environmental license plate (vanity plate) for my car.
Does anyone know the URL where one can try the different configuations to
see if they have already been taken?  (California)

I was told to use the "towel in the window" trick for my spider's top (by
Tom Tomkins in Santa Barbara who many of you may remember).  I started doing
this in 1994 (I have a 1992 Spider) and the top is still like brand new.
I'm sure the fact I keep the car in the garage at night and covered at work
in the day helps. The top used to be down all of the time except when it was
pouring rain, but I've turned into a wus in the last year and leave it up
most of the winter except on nice days.

Rocky, in Sant Barbara
'92 spider