Better filter elements, not the compound!

Hey Brian Shorey and fellow Alfisti !
  Regarding my oil filter statement,I was talking about a "better filter
element"in terms of the number of filter elements (or,"Fins" )contained within
the filters,not the actual filter element composition.
   I saw a cutaway oil filter display at an Alfa swap meet last year sponsored
by Autocraft in York PA.They had a Fram, purolator, AC delco,Bosch and some no
name brand (Lee?) filter for v6 alfas cut apart.The Alfa OEM filter had more
elements, 65 or so "fins", (IE more surface area),which directly translates
into better filtration of the oil as it passes through the filter.I did no
research, you could count the number of filter elements from each filter.Much
like the finned oil pans on our cars;more fins gives more surface area to help
keep the oil cooler.Forgive the misunderstanding, Just a sales rep/tailor/car
rental guy's way of understanding.......
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie, w/OEM oil filter and Lodge plugs)
1984 GTV6 (Vito, double ditto)
1979 alfetta Velocissima (Nameless but ditto as well)