Re: VW or Alfa? (long and minimal Alfa content)

In a message dated 2/19/99 2:57:34 PM Central Standard Time,
johnsnd@domain.elided writes:

<<   I'm sure I've forgotten something here, but I'm already annoying people
with no Alfa content so I'll stop here.   >>

What no door handle problems? Don't tell me that after around 25 years that
the infamous "Team Door Handle" has got it right. But then again my son's 95
Golf has had around $200 in parts replaced in door handle hardware.

I have owned numerous VW/Audi products. In my experience they do not learn by
experience. After replacing both door handles on my 79 Rabbit in one year I
was quite ticked that my 85 Golf ate them with the same frequency for the 11
years that I owned it. The ONLY thing they did was in 89 they sold the handle
without the lock tumbler. Of course the DPO of my 87 Audi never found this out
and so I have three different keys for the car instead of the original one.

So much for German Engineering.

Buy the 164

John Katos