3 pt seatbelts in a spider

Hi Jack,
I replaced my lap belts in my '77 spider with 3 point belts. I believe they
were made by a British company - the instructions were for MGs, Triumphs,
etc. but they work fine in the spider. The key, though, is to have a rollbar
(at least the way I did it). Basically, you bolt the reel to the bottom of
the rollbar and bolt the buckle in at the original mounting point. For the
point at your shoulder, take the little bracket that sits at the bottom of
the "B pillar," attach it to a comfortable mounting point somewhere near
where the rollbar curves from vertical to horizontal, and then you have your
3 points.
I've never actually been in an accident with this setup, so it hasn't been
tested to see if it truly works, and can't take responsibility if it
doesn't! But the potential of avoiding my head hitting that splintery wood
steering wheel with the unpadded metal spokes was enough to convince me. If
you're still interested, contact me off-digest and I'll get you the name of
the company that made them. I think I even ordered them through IAP or
Centerline or one of the other Alfa parts sources.
Good luck
Chris
'77 spider