Re: 155 Q4

> Hi
> Yours is a very interesting experience.
> Could you tell me where to find your page to see the pictures??
>
> Here in Argentina we have plenty of 155 Q4s and they cost about the
> same as a same year 164 Super is the estimate good?
>
> One last question:
> I know turbo engines usually need rebuilds at shorter intervals. Is
> it true for this Q4??
>
> Thank you
> ==
> Raul Torres
> Buenos Aires
> ARGENTINA

Hola Raul!

Sure... Just forgot to wrote the page address directly to the end of
my mail. Previously my page was on geocities, but since I got
interested in an Internet related company we have our own server. So
Navigate your browser to http://www.webscape.hu/alfaholic
My homepage is quite old, but I have lotsa new info and pictures to
add. If I'd have some more time to do... :-) Well thats a fair price
if the car in really good shape. It depends what you are out for. If
you want a luxury family hauler, go for the 164. I'd choose the Q4
for sure. OK. A 164 Q4 would be handy. That is the four wheel driven
version of the 164, with a 3L V6 24 valve engine (240 Hp by design).
But the 155 is much more easier to tune up.
About turbo engines. Well, yes. They live less than a well maintained
"normally aspirated" engine, but it depends on who and how runs the
car. A turbo engine is really more sensitive to some things, like
proper maintenance, good oil etc. but I think it is well worth it.
This applies to the Q4 as well. That is a well designed, strong and
good working engine, but even Lancia/Alfa/race engineers can make
miracles.

Tamas

Tamas Boday
Chairman of Alfa Romeo Club Hungary
82 GTV6
83 Sprint Veloce
88 Alfa 33 Race car in Hungarian Rally Championship