weber conversion ??

Hi I am a daily reader and would like some help from the many talents on
the best digest worldwide. I have had and worked on many milano's but
have little experience on carbed cars. I purchased a spider with webers
and would like to set it straight.
My spider has dual webers on a 2.0 I increased the compression to 10.4
and lightened the flywheel added an electric fan, removed AC. It is very
powerful but I have some carb related ?? problems; and I need to know if
the following behavior is  normal. If not how can i fix it.

when i'm cruising at about 20 or at a light and then attempt to floor
the car it lags a bit, as if it is not getting enough fuel(power loss
lasts about 1.5 seconds, I am getting about 3.5 lbs of fuel pressure).
It is a sort of delay that  is very annoying since I put so much into
this vehicle already.

I am planning on trying the RML ignition setup, but I don't think this
is ignition related.

I also would like to know if I should dead end the fuel into the 1 and 2
cylinders or the 4 and 5 cylinders. Or not dead end it at all (use a  T
connection and send it back to the tank. If so what  pressure should I
see going back to the tank)

What setup should I use for fuel delivery
What fuel pressure should I have
Where should it be measured from.

Can someone recommend a fuel pump, filter and regulator combination; I
don't know the age of my current setup and would prefer to replace them.

I purchased a set of performance rear springs from Alfa
Ricambi(shankle). I have adjustable Koni's. The problem is the rear
seems too sloppy, Not firm like my verde with shankle springs. Are there
any alternatives that would yield a more firm ride in the rear.

Greg Lewis
glewis@domain.elided
88 verde
82 spider