Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:36:38 -0600

<<<<<
What is the collective wisdom on off brand oil filter?

It depends upon what you mean by "off brand."  I used Purolator for a number
of years, but I've recently switched to the Fram PH-3614 for my Alfas.  The
specs are good, but the filter is much smaller and easier to get out of the
V6 engines.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 155k miles
1984 GTV6, "Falconi", 131k miles (waiting on new rear caliper)
1974 Spider, 55k miles, debating whether to restore it or euthanize it