Milano/GTV6 Pinion Shaft Nut Socket

I'm assembling the tools needed to replace the 2n gear syncro in my
Milano.  The manual of coarse refers to a special 36mm tool.  Colin
Verrilli's article refers to a deep 1-7/16 inch socket.  Today I bought
a cheap, deep 36mm socket and I'm wondering if it will be deep enough
for me to remove the pinion shaft nut.  I measured a usable depth of the
socket at 2-1/4 inch.  Will this socket work??

Scott Swanberg
'87 Milano Platinum