Re: Milano ABS heat shielding

I received numerous queries about what kind heat shielding material
I've used, and How do I heat shield the pump.

The insulation material that I bought came in a small rectancular box.
It's from "Cool IT Termo Tec" Racing Products, and the product's
name is "Starter Heat Shield"

On the box, it has the following words and phrases

	"Ensures Reliable Starts"
	"2000 deg F heat Reflection"
	"Fits All Starters"
	"Includes Fasteners"
	"Reflects 90% of heat"

Part number 14150
dimension 7" x 22".

It has insulating fiber material on one side, and shinny reflective
material on the other. Make sure the reflective side face the manifold.

How I heat shield the pump?
I had the entire pump, including accumulator, wraped inside of the
shielding material. Since the matierial is a long sheet, I have
center portion of the sheet covering the pump/accumulator on the
manifold side, and wrap the bottom and top of the sheet toward
the pump and to behind the pump.

Althought metal fasteners were included, I did it in a rush over lunch
time at company parking lot. I puntched 2 holes on the sheet near by
the top of the pump so I could run those plastic tie-wraps around the
pump and heat shield and secure it in place. This take cares of the
lower end portion.

On the top with the accumulator portion, I just stapled sides of the
sheets together, and use another tie-wrap horizontally wraping around
the neck where accumulator meets the pump.

Fitting is crude, but as long as it's fairly secure, It works.

perfectionists may wish to use the included fasteners, and try to
wrap to the shape of the pump/accumulator for a more professional look.
I for one goes for functionality more than look.

Again, if local (North Cal, South Bay) people are interested, I got it
from Frey's Racing in Mountain View. You can find them using snap.com's
yellow page search, and map them for driving direction.

no affiliation of any kind with Frey Racing except spent a bundle to
get 5pt harness, mounting plates and bolts, AND the heat shielding
material.

Jess