RE: Fast 164L, apologies, and driveline losses

> (please note correct spelling!) weighs in at 3700 or so.  I would also
contend
> that getting good times in the 1/4 is quite an art, both in setting up the
car
> and in the driving technique.  A good driver in a 164 might do

how true.  i never appreciated drag racing until a bunch of us new england
alfa nuts took our alfa's to new england dragway for open run night.  i
still prefer road courses, but it's neat to see how the other side lives.  i
got an appreciation for the timing and the awesome horsepower of some of the
cars.  i also beat a large mopar product one night, but only because he red
lighted!

i never detected any attitude from the muscle car boys, either.  and being
outnumbered as we were, we certainly weren't about to give them any
trouble..

btw, the whole top speed discussion has me quite interested.  rich, i'd
really like to hear the verdict on the gtv6 transmissions, specifically the
tall gearing of the '82 and '83 model years.  i've heard that those cars can
go faster in fourth than they can in fifth - true?

later,

bs