Re: Magnesium wheels

******************
I seem to remember hearing somewhere that magnesium wheels have to be
painted. Is that
correct? Any other tips on refinishing?

Obadiah, yeah, I'm sure they're magnesium and yes, they do need to be
coated. Mags don't live well in the open air and deteriorate rapidly if
not coated with something. A reasonable compromise might be to have them
polished, then clear coated. If that's acceptable to you, I'd go to
someone who both polishes and does powder coating. I'd also let them
strip them for you. Doubt if you'll save any money doing it yourself.

Biba
Irwindale CA
http://home.earthlink.net/~biba/