Fast 164s

During last summer's Walter Mitty Challenge at Road Atlanta, Chevrolet
hosted some kind of big Camaro-fest (I think it was) on the hill
opposite the stands. They'd brought some factory demos and invited the
local enthusiasts out to show off their cars, and they brought along a
rolling road so that folks could do stationary "speed runs." I wasn't
there at the moment, but what I heard was that someone put his 164 on
the rollers, to ill-concealed jeers and giggles from the big-iron fans
standing around, and then proceeded to run up to 150 without breaking
a sweat.

Okay, that's not on the real road, nor does aerodynamic drag come into
the picture. I was just reminded of the story by the discussion that's
been going on lately, and remembered how sorry I was not to have seen
the looks on all the Bowtie Boys' faces. Were any other Digesters in
that crowd, either to correct me or add to the story?

Will Owen
Nashville (hi, Fred!), TN