Cx

I think that the Cx value is influenced by the ground clearance. I think that
the US 164 is higher than the EU one (this is just a subjective observation
and also based on my experience with US-bound VW's and other Europeans, but I
will try to find out for sure).
I even heard rumors that US versions, in order to achieve higher shock travel
have had the engine-transmission frame displaced.
I don't know if I should say this here but in a brief dialog with one of the
guys from Ardona, where I was asking about ways to change some of the front
end angles, he mentioned that later models than mine (an early '90
manufacture) had the frame shimmed. He said that the shims were unavailable as
a sparepart and were used internally in the factory. This could be the justify
the change in angle specification issued in the TSB.If this is right it might
justify some unpleasant effects since the whole geometry is different from
initially designed.
There is this opinion in EU when they decide to export a car here that roads
are worse and comfort is more important, therefore oftentimes suspensions are
changed. It is possible that the change affected only insignificantly the
value or that the commercial importance was too much for the factory to list 2
values.
This is only speculation I guess..
As far as the 33 stradale, an interesting sportscar.It has indeed no
connection with the later series other than the name and this is why I didn't
think that I had to look BACK for it.
Honestly? I have a bit different ideas about recent Alfa's. I don't think that
they are unimportant or wrong in concept. And since Alfa made sure to put a
4wd on top of each range of the mid 90's I think that rearwheeldrive should
not be an issue.

Vlad
'91 164L
Long Island