164 stereo

To all those that have 164 '91-'93 and still have the factory stereo:
I found this place that sells stereos trough mail from CA called YONI; they
that the Pioneer unit that everybody talks about (btw there are 3 levels of
equipment on that and otpional remote avaliable and i talk about the base one)
for $ 220 +18 for compulsory FEDEX (isn't that bizarre?,lol), anyway
Crutchfield would sale that for like 279.Yony has also remanufactured units
for $ 195.
I installed it yesterday.What i think:
I'm still amazed by the factory rear speakers.I have a pair of JBL's and they
still even with this powerfull unit couldn't beat them.
I forgot how it was to have to take out the face each time but i think i'll
develop quickly the authomatism
It does sound quite signifficantly better than the old one although i had
thatone adjusted and was lately quite good on radio
It skips less than a Sony i had on my VW Scirocco (as opposed to what i have
heared about these pioneers from car stereo places)
It is now out of production, they will come out with something new.
Because I don't have anything to do either with Yoni or Pioneer i won't post
any phone #'s so if you want them, mail me
Vlad
'91 164L
ps:Btw, installation was not difficult, just a bit of improvisation required.I
didn't use any adapters either , for the wires