Re: Great Weekend

OHHH, BABY BABY WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!
The double drivers school was great.I dont know about the big kids but I was
`wore out' .  Over Friday,sat.,&sunday we had over 6 hours on the track at
speed. there were 114 cars & drivers there for the school and we were divided
into only three groups.Our group were the faster cars including GT1 2 , ITS<
ITA, SPUand T2. In the group were 3 Alfa GTV6s, mine, the two Dysert ITS cars
which are now owned by Robert (BOB) Bitterman from Birmingham,and driven by he
and David Cruse.In the other closed wheel class were the two ITB Alfa Spiders
of TOM TURNER so Alfas were well represented in number not to mention
performance.
The suspension modifications to my car which you so kindly tested in the
autocross school were exactly right at real race speeds. The car was exquisite
in high speed braking and trail braking which seemed to upset the other cars.
The last session Sunday was a 5 lap race with two practice starts in which we
raced through turn one which allowed the Alfas to show what handling was all
about to some significantly more powerful cars. We were gridded by lap speeds
from other sessions which had us behind the big boys but in the 2nd practice
start the Accura ITS car entered by our own Peter Krause (driven by someone
else!) collected the right rear of Bob`s Alfa and in the onsuing conflagration
took out several cars,but luckily the Alfa only had a blown tire.Dave and I
took advantage of the Surprise to the field and postioned ourselves 6th & 7th
for the real start. RACE RESULTS: 1>GT1 Corvette 2.GTV6
3> GTV6 , 4th.>>.32nd  all the rest.
 Now the Alfa is in GT2 prep. Glass out ,Lexan windshield & windows are cut
,Just want to go faster!!. The local Nascar body guru is doing the fenders and
hood.Moving the engine back and building the aluminum Dedion is going to take
the most effort.Maybe next weekend. Got to have a Drive for Peter`s Alfas
Roaming Roebling weekend the middle of March. If one did not have to work all
this would be easy!