Advice on suspension

     When I bought my '74 GTV it had the following suspension mods:

     Shankle Supersport springs front and rear
     Sachs gas shocks front and rear

     I since added a Shankle heavy duty (but not race) sway bar in the rear

     I also added adjustable upper links in the front (the single best mod
     you can make for the track for my money...completely cures the
     understeer)

     I also cut a turn off the rear Shankle springs to level the car out.

     I tried a Shankle heavy duty front sway bar, but at tracks with plenty
     of turns (Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow) it made the car too stiff on
     turnin for my taste.  It may be good at a high-speed track like Willow
     Springs.  Also I had some fitment problems, requiring putting on a
     large heavy washer so it won't come off the spindles.

     in an effort to make the car more competitive on the track I bought a
     pair of Ward & Deane springs for the front, and put them on.  These
     lowered the car another 1/2 inch or so, making it drag on speed bumps.
     They also seemed to overpower the shocks, making the car a little
     "bouncy" at the front.  Makes me wonder if the gas shocks are all that
     effective.  I want to go measure the springs but I think they may be
     W&D 'race" springs, that's why they are so stiff.

     So I went back to the Shankle front springs for now anyway.

     Here's my question...in people's opinion, what's the best thing to do
     to further improve the handling at the track
        - Konis
        - other shocks (Boge?)
        - Ward & Deane springs at the rear but not the front
        - Ward & Deane springs all around and learn to live with speedbump
     scraping
        - leave well enough alone

     Doug Bender