Someone could help this guy

Just passing on an e-mail I got this morning

* * *
I am in a sorry state.  Ever since I sold my last Alfa in 1986, a
1977 Spider, I have been longing for the wonderfully intimate
feeling of finding pleasure in the drive...I thought I could
satisfy myself with other convertibles, no.

I am lost.  I don't know where to turn for advice...I'm trying to
remember the good years and models for buying an Alfa Spider but
can't...I'm even interested in trying a roundtail, but am ignorant
about the challenges of maintaining it and finding parts.

Please help me.  What would be the best Alfa convertible to throw
my money at right now on the market ($8,000 or so).  I am very
much dismayed at the styling changes imposed upon this classic in
the late 80's and 90's; but I'm fearful of finding an older model
that has just been beat up too much and not well maintained during
the years.  I have misplaced all the literature and friendships
that showed which model years were best.  I need some help to
focus my search on what model year and convertible style would
offer the best value, enjoyment and bullet proof mechanicals.  I'm
a simple guy.

This could be too much to ask, but it means very much to me and I
greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Rob "desperate for an Alfa again" Hanna

PS  I love your website; but it brings an ache to my heart...

<rob@domain.elided>

* * *

Hope somebody in the US could help. Please e-mail him directly.
I'm in Europe and have nothing for him.

Saluti		Wille R
http://www.veloce.alfaromeo.org