Milano / 75 shift linkage questions

So I'm finally swapping transaxles between my parts car (still for sale!)
and my runner.  I'm cheating and swapping the whole De Deion tube assembly
between the cars, it seems a lot simpler than having to align the transaxle
on the end of a trolley jack.

I've got it figured out except for the shift linkage at the transaxle end.
What the heck do I do?  It looks like there's a 10mm bolt with a 12mm (?)
nut on the end attaching the long bar to a plate, with some kind of plastic
rubber thing on top?  Can anyone give me a hint?  I checked out the usual
sources (Alfa Bible, online sources (my CarDisk CD had the misfortune to be
scratched and gouged during the move)) and couldn't find any detailed hints.

Thanks muchly!

- - Peter Barrett - pbarrett@domain.elided - home.interpath.net/pbarrett -

Qui desidererat pacem praeparet bellum. -- Vegetius