Re: Super ragtop

At 03:42 PM 2/8/99 -0500, JHertzman wrote:
>Two or three years ago I mentioned a small photo taken at Zandvoort of a
>Giulia Super Phaeton which I had seen in Het Klaverblaasdje, the journal of
>the Stichting Club Alfa Romeo Bezitters. One of the Dutch correspondents
>responded that it was a German car, and politely suggested that it was a
>shitbox, crudely done. The current issue #48 has a larger photo of a related
>car, a convertable two-door Giulia T.I. or Super, the doors lengthened to
give
>quite nice proportions, and it looks like well-done metalwork, although the
>folded top is bulky in the German fashion. Probably not the same car as the
>Zanvoort Phaeton, being appreciably farther east. I don't read Dutch, but the
>caption says "Van Semko Posthuma, uit Dronrijf, hebben wij deze foto mogen
>ontvangen. Hij schrijft hierover: tijdens mijn vakantie in Tsjechie, ben ik
>ook in Oostenrijk geweest. In Linz, vlakbij de Tsjechische/Oostenrijkse
grenz,
>kwam ik deze "Giulia Spider" tegen. Net op het moment dat ik een kijkje wilde
>nemen, kwamen er 2 heren die instapten en wegreden. Ik kon nog snel een foto
>maken."
Which translates roughly as:
"From Semko Posthuma in Dronrijf we received this picture. He writes about
this: during my holidays in the Czech Republic, I also visited Austria. In
Linz, close to the Czech-Austrian border, I came across this "Giulia
Spider". Just as I wanted to take a closer look, two gentlemen arrived who
got in and drove off. I just managed to take a quick snapshot."

On the offchance that somebody somewhere is interested...

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix