164 Master cylinder

I replaced my master cylinder about 14 moths ago and now that hot weather
has returned to Australia I am geeting many of the familiar old symptoms of
the pedal height raising and the brakes dragging. When this first started I
changed to DOT3 fluid (which by the way I think gives a better pedal feel),
but to no avail.

Recently we decided to replace the master cylinder, so first I tried to get
the old one rebuilt. I was surprised to find that when we disassembled it
the was no sign of sweollen seals (as expected) but instead the piston had
scored the bore. This makes me question the current theory about the evils
of DOT4 fluid.

My questions are

Does anyone know of seal kits for the master cylinder?
Does anyone know how the pedal freeplay is adjusted on the 164?
Fred DiMatteo suggests that collapsed flexible brake hoses can cause these
symptoms, but I can't find anyone here who has seen this problem. Does
anyone else have experience with flexible brake hose problems?

I have trouble believing that it is yet another master cylinder. Any other
ideas?

Doug Gould
'91 164L