Frankenstein Spider Rises

Today's milestone on the /78/79/82 Spider Resurrection:

When last I posted about it, the mayhem flurry of swapping the best bits
from three cars into the one near-perfect chassis/body had all happened
amazingly quickly and the fitment of the electronic injection/ignition
bits was proceeding. Gads, there's a lot of details to deal with!

The shop called today. The '82 engine fitment into the '79 chassis is now
complete, all hoses and linkages complete, all electricals have been
installed, the cooling system holds water, and - lo and behold - it
cranked up and runs!

Amazing stuff.

"Been sitting a while, eh?" says Mike. "Um, yes." "Sure shot a lot of
junk out the tailpipe when it fired up. We're starting to reinstall the
rugs and interior now, it'll go over to the shop for the alignment and
we'll see how well it actually runs, rather than just idling, revving
here while sitting still. Sounds good though."

I suspect it will need a head gasket as the motor had a bit of seepage
from the head gasket joint. If it does, probably would be a good time to
go for it and put in the high compression pistons.... "Some's good,
More's better." ;)

More news as things progress.

Godfrey
  http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/