2 litre song, Shankle sure start for SPICA.Good,bad or ugly?

Greetings Alfisti!
Thanks to all digesters who sent me emails concerning my questions on the
shift linkage in my 79 Alfetta Velocissima.I'm going back to the auto shop
again this weekend to look the suggestions over,work on it and get on my hands
and knees and pray I just have a bad shift linkage/arm.I didn't check the
shifter itself as closely as I should have.Thanks to all who sent the Email
advice, I'm putting them in a binder and have a pretty healthy stack of advice
and tips to refer to.
     Drove my Alfetta to work Monday on a whim.I got a surprise;and found it
to be a far lighter and more nimble car than expected.(Lack of 2nd gear
notwithstanding).Handling was impressively good for a car that feels like a
hobbyhorse due to weak rear shocks.The non power steering is really
precise,and I have finally gotten to enjoy it's 4 cylinder "song".Glorious! I
drive 21 miles one way, on a combination of backroads and freeway.This car
seems pretty comfortable on both.got lots of stares too,had several people ask
what the car was when stopped for a cup of coffee at the 7-11 on the
way.(Alfetta cupholder-right seatbelt latched and pulled tight!)
         I am curious about whether a Shankle sure start might be a worthy
addition to the car.When the car is cold it runs a bit rich;after warming up
the car seems to run quite nicely.The thermostatic actuator might be tired,or
the cold start solenoid might be slightly sticky. I'm wondering if a sure
start would be a more precise method of adjusting the mixture to insure a
proper mixture during startups.Any thoughts on this subject?
Thanks in advance
Terry and sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie)
1984 GTV6 (vito,looking forward to a quality home)
1979 alfetta Velocissima coupe (Nameless,so far)