750 Sprint

Hi Digesters,
Thank you very much for all your comments and helpful encouragement.  1st
the paint question about the top of the dash.  My #06440 came with wrinkle
black but definitely requires semi-gloss black, same as the instrument
binnacle.  I got this information from Alfa sales literature printed in
early 1958 in color, in German, featuring a light blue Sprint and other
German sources.  Other photo sources indicate that during the column shift
production, Bertone changed the top of dash from body color to semi-gloss
(or flat) black.  One digester in CO suggested the Veloces had a black dash
and Normale were body color.
2nd - as to my painter quandary, I have taken the Sprint from the guy who
more than doubled his original quote and feel fortunate to get immediate
attention from a high-end body restorer who specializes in 356 Porsches
(comparable coach work).  I decided I'd much rather spend between $5 and $6
grand with him than with an obvious novice who can only talk a good game
(his work looked good , but it was all Detroit muscle).
Cheers from a sleep deprived and $500 poorer Peter