164S handling on track

Roger,

Nizan is mostly 'on track' with his assessment.  After driving my wife's
164S at Summit Point for two days, I would NOT agree with early apexing, you
should initiate turn-in sooner, more fluid and progressive with the steering
wheel, not a sharp turn-in of the wheel like you can in some other cars.
Apex where you normally would, or later, as the car needs its track out
room.  The weight center does seem to rotate near the center of the car,
giving a GREAT balanced feel through corners, surprising for a car with the
weight of the engine in front of the front wheels.  All of you inputs on the
steering wheel should be quite gradual, and not abrupt or jerky, or you may
find yourself in trouble.  Anticipate well, and you'll have a blast on
track.  I drove with bald Yokohama AVS Int. street tires, reasonably grippy,
but not as sticky as real track tires.

(I missed Roger's original post, so if I acknowledge I may not be answering
the REAL question)

Mark Jones
Chevy Chase, MD