Re: models

> Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:50:46 +0100
> From: alfisti.dietrich@domain.elided (frankdietrich)
> Subject: .
>
> Hello from Germany,
>
> at the last digest I read something about the 1/10 scale model from Tamiya
> the AR GTA.This model cost's here in Germany only 139 DM (ca. 80 US-dollar).
> Many shop's sold him out! - I don't know why.
>
> Other sold out - AR Giulietta Spider plastic model kit scale 1/24 from Revell
> - - price here at the moment 15 DM (ca. 9 US-dollar).

This kit is also sold in Giulia Spider form.  It has one major mistake in it
which I found very disappointing:  the cowling between the bonnet opening and
the dashboard was made as two pieces (like a 105 Sprint) rather than as one
piece like the original.  Worse, the shape of the dash piece is a discustingly
sloppy match to the cowling.  This means that to model the car with the
windshield remover (which was just removing two nuts in teh original car), you
have to do a disgusting amount of filling and sanding to get the correct
contour.

(My intention was to model my race car.)

chrisp