Alfa appraisal needed in NY

It's too complicated to explain how it came about, but I've been
contacted by an attorney in Chatham, NY, about an Alfa spider that's
part of an estate. It's a '61, which would make it a 101 Giulietta,
but as the guy sent no shots of the engine I can't tell whether it's a
Normale or Veloce. The body appears to be in decent shape, although
much of the interior trim is missing (or simply not installed) and the
top and upholstery are quite worn. The paint job was supposedly done
shortly before the car was put away.

Anyway, it appears that he wants me to give him a rough appraisal as
to the car's worth, and I don't have a damn clue. I could look it up
in a few mass-market collectors' value guides and hazard something,
but he could get an intern to do that. It really needs to be evaluated
by someone who can inspect it in person, who knows what to look for,
and who will remove himself from any financial interest in the
car...and I might not meet any of these criteria. Is there anyone in
moseying distance of Chatham who could help out here? E-mail me
off-digest if you think you could.

Will Owen
Nashville, TN