Modern Alfas & Self Service

My Alfa 155 is now at the dealers having the central locking repaired &
I'll report its findings tomorrow. In relation to a question asked last
week I think the Alfa 156 is nicer than the 166, at least to me the
shape works better on the smaller car. The 166 has slightly more
room,both shoulder and knee room in the front but it is marginal.However
the back is a lot bigger and this is where it is really needed,
obviuosly not as big as your average US cars but bigger than the 164.
       Howevr while I was leaving my 155 in I spotted 2 166 2.5 V6's in
the workshop,bonnets open and Alfa Workshop manuals all over the
place.Seems someone has a "new" fault to trouble the brains of the Irish
Alfa Grease Monkeys.
       Somebody on the digest asked if there were many Volvo S40's in
the UK, I dont know about the UK but here in Ireland there are a
reasonable amount, but definitely much more Alfa 156's, the seem to be
sprouting up everywhere.
      By the way I've checked all the settings for the headlights on
this car,I previously complained the dipped beam was dire ( Thanks to
all who responded ). With the electric switch set to its highest setting
and the manual adjusters under the bonnet set high they are still to low
compared to other cars.. My solution.. HA!. I ordered a set of stiffened
& lower rear springs. Dropped the rear end by 1" and all is well. Lights
are perfect and the car now looks better too. My car had the sports
suspension fitted anyway but the front always looked too low, I know its
supposed to look "wedge shaped" but it still does only better!
      Anyway sorry for the long mail, oh! its snowing in Ireland today!

Regards,
Ben Cosgrave

'97 155 2.0 T.Spark Sport 16V