Re: alfa-digest V7 #453 - alfetta overtemp sensor

In v07.n453 Terry and Sharon encounter another part of the '79 emission control
system:

> <snip>
> Spot welded the cat shield back onto the catalyst (The long probe
> that screws into the catalyst,is this an o2 sensor?With an air pump too?How
> would this work,does anone know?)
> <snip>

Exhaust overtemp sensor.  Interesting module provides analog electronic
interface; lights up an indicator on the dash.  Engine itself has no way to
recognize this. You're supposed to slow down.

The transaxle begins to sound serious ... you didn't mention ... or I forgot ...
if you drained the gear lubricant and checked the magnetic drain plug.  Might be
time to look for broken pieces.  Hope it isn't so ...

Goodness, you've been busy.

cheers,

mark m thornton
seattle washington usa