Where did my Spider go?

In reading the digest, I realized that if anyone was likely
to know what became of my old Spider it would be digest
members. The car was a '79 with silver paint and a maroon
interior, she had some rather interesting nose body work due
to my step-father backing into her and then insisting on
letting his favorite BMW body guy fix her up...the nose
looked OK on the outside but the sheet metal was sorta lumpy
underneath.

I traded her to a Mazda dealer in Clearwater, Florida in
1988 on a 323 GTX -- cool little car with 4WD, turbo and
DOHC, it was a rocket -- and assume the car went to auction.
At the time there was no emissions testing in Clearwater, so
she had some rather interesting alterations: Webers and a
Duetto exhaust system with tubular headers -- stuff I got
from Alfa expert Guy Hamilton (what ever happened to him?
Anyone know?). With the upcoming reinstatement of emissions
testing at the time, I'm sure she was moved out of this
county (Pinellas).

If you know what ever became of this car, I'd be interested
to hear about it. Silly, I know, but she was mine for 5
years and I have a lot of fond memories attached to her.

- - Eric H.

1983 GTV6 who may never pass emissions...what goes around
comes around
1988 Volvo 740 who passes emissions with ease just to mock
me