Re: Spider Water Pump Removal

>In attempting to replace the water pump on my '88 Spider this weekend, I
>discovered that the pump cannot be removed without removing the crankshaft
>pulley

That's one of the 'little details' that came up when the 2000 engine came
out. Earlier models (1300, 1600, 1750) allowed a water pump change
without removing the crankshaft pulling.

Can't help you on the details of the job ... I have limited service tools
and such for automobiles, so when it had to be done on my '78 last year,
I had the shop do it for me.

Godfrey