RE:HELP:DEAD MILANO

This may be already covered, but the very first things to check are all
the eng compartment grounds. A good number of them are along the back
edge of the crossmember in the top-front of the engine compartment. Most
of them are in a block of male spade-type connector on the back side of
this crossmember directly behind both headlamp assemblies. These are
subject to corrosion and also over time the female connectors (which
are NOT in a block, but several individual wires) lose their tension and
fall off with the slightest touch or speed bump. Also check the grounds
(several) which go from the passenger side valve cover bolts to the
wiring harness. Then look for any other loose connectors, esp going to
the alternator. Then check fuses, then get your alternator itself
checked.

A few years ago, my Milano started running rough intermittantly (but did
not stall) and the ARC lit up like a Christmas tree and it turned out to
be grounds (thankfully-I was expecting the worst). I'm not saying this
is your case, but it's a good place to start.

- --
Jim Roth, White Rock (Los Alamos) NM USA
'94 Land Rover Discovery
'90 MBZ 300TE 4Matic
'88 ALFA Romeo Milano Verde (75/3.0QV)
'85 Maserati BiTurbo