alfetta cylinder head on 115 engine

There was a question a few digests back concerning use of an alfetta
cylinder head ... I think it was 1979 ... on a 115 engine.  I've studied
a spare alfetta motor in my garage with the same thought.  One of my
berlina engines has a cylinder head which shows the scars from some
fairly heavy trauma over the years.  Rather than spend to repair the
older head, I plan to try the one from the 116 engine.

There was a question about the cam timing:  my 1979 has the familiar 105
32 cams, common to the 115 2-liter (in the 'states, that is) not the 105
48 used elsewhere on 115 2-liters, on the earlier 1750s, and later on the
bosch 2-liters.

I've had good results, as have many other 2-liter tuners, by resetting
the stock intake cam to the non-emission-control 102 degree lobe center.
That makes the mark on the cam journal cap more or less insignificant.
I've seen a good table explaining the different cam timings used ...
possibly it was in FredAlfa and John's AROC USA SPICA book.

I'm interested to hear what the experts have to say.

cheers,

mark m thornton
seattle washington usa