metal brake lines

In v07.n450 Chip asks about milano brakes.

I'd say the metal brake lines are about technique more than raw braking
power.  Driving near the limit ... and maybe at other times ... you'll be
wanting to play one foot on both the brake and the throttle.  Whichever
technique you choose, they all just flat work better if the brake pedal
doesn't move very far.

Having spent some treasure on the splendid and worthwhile drilled rotors,
one might want to consider rotor wear rates.  Some pads are agressive and
some are less so.  Some folks report good results from intermediate pads
having a pretty high metal content but still using an organic binder.  I
was told the trick is that they have brass and aluminum and little or no
iron.  I have seen cars with extreme rotor wear from exotic pads, but
have heard this is not true of all of them.  I'll be interested to see
what other alfa folks have to say.

It's worth asking what you think about brakes which are ineffective when
cold, or which sometimes squeal first thing in the morning.  The pads
also differ in how much of the braking heat pulse they conduct back to
the spendy and temperature-sensitive calipers.

Choices, choices.

cheers,

mark m thornton
seattle washington usa