Re: alfa-digest V7 #445

> I have not had my 164 steering wheels off, but if the mounting is also the
> same, adapters may be readily available for new Sparco, Nardi and Momo
> steering wheels for the 164 for those of into customizing our rides!  Worth
> checking into for those who want a wood wheel in the 164!

I have a MOMO Astra in my 164-it of course does not have an air bag. I got the
adapter from the US MOMO distributor. Evidently the non airbag 164 has a different
shroud around the steering column, as the "guts" of the adapter are visible, and it
did not come with an accordion boot to cover it as other MOMO hubs do. When I called
to ask about this, the sales manager I spoke to (as opposed to the salesman from
whom I purchased the hub) told me that if they had known that I intended to remove
the airbag from my car, that they wouldn't have sold me the hub. They were however
willing to help me with a boot, which I have yet to get around to. Incidentally, the
less weighty MOMO wheel notably improved steering feel on my car.

Joel Hailey
Centerline Products
Boulder CO
303-447-0239