RE: TZ replicar

> I think that at one time the group doing a full replicar on the
> TZ1 was up at
> Tom Zat's operation, Alfa Heaven.  Think about it, pretty simple
> tube frame
> and mechanicals based on the stock components.  Just need a high quality
> fiberglass body and a few made to fit parts in trim and badges.
> Good Luck,

the tz1 replicar (and the one simon saw at the concours italiano) is done by
don ereminas, of eriminas imports in connecticut.

for the record, i priced one around ten years ago (they still have yet to go
into production, as i think they're awaiting a *real* order for one), and it
was around $22k.  that bought you the shell, the glass, the dashboard, and
the wiring harness (and maybe a carpet set).  the rest was to be gotten from
a donor car, preferably a 105/115 spider/gtv.

pretty awesome kit - they duplicated the tube frame from original drawings,
and made the body panels from molds off someones tz1.  i think it weighs
1400 - 1600 lbs complete, so with a modified 1750 or 2 liter motor it should
really fly.

it was too much money for me at the time, but i'm getting closer..

fwiw,

bs