Spider Gauges.

Joseph Fillip wrote recently with questions about a non-functioning
tach, and a speedo which won't drop below 30 mph.

As per the speedo, apparently the needles on some Alfa gauges tend to
bend in toward the the gauge face, sometimes sticking.  On my spider,
the tach faceplate became loose and would sometimes catch the needle.
So I would start by looking for a simple mechanical issue like that.

Joe asks about the sending unit for the tach.  I aslo asked, a while
back, how the tach gets its information, and didn't recieve a response.
If anyone cares to answer Joe's inquiry (V7 #443), I also would be
curious...  My tach seems to jump around a bit.  Probably a bad
electrical connection somewhere, but I'd certainly feel empowered if I
had a sense of how the whole system worked.

What I DID recently recieve, however, was some EXCELLENT advice (thanks
again, Bruce, David, and Paul) on how to remove the instrument cluster,
and would be happy to pass it on to anyone who needed it.  Joe, email me
directly if you're interested.

Hal Taylor
Venice, CA (welcome back on line, Fred)
'86 spider veloce "Strega"