Re: : Backfiring sud

. Now it is backfiring, but only when the engine is revving high but
>not under any load. That is, if I'm going down a steep hill in 3rd and =
>take my foot off the accelerator, lots of bangs. Any other time, no
>backfiring. Otherwise it's running really well.

Duncan, I had two Suds ('79 & '82) and this characteristic is completely =
normal, part of their charm.
That is ,if the noise is a 'fizz,crackle,pop' sort of noise; if it's =
really bad perhaps the carb adjustment
is not right ,maybe not cutting the fuel flow as much as normal?