New spider sighting on the 'telly'...

  Hi All,

Thanks to all who replied to my brake fading problem, I'm ordering
a MC kit this week.

Last Sunday, not being an avid sports fan of American football pre-game
show (soccer in more my game), I was watching the latest installment
of "Ballykissangel" on BBC America  when a little red sports caught my
eye zipping around a sleepy village in county Wicklow, Ireland.

Boy, it did that make me envious and homesick, having emigrated to
Florida 10 years ago. I sure miss going down the country for the
weekend and especially following the Circuit of Ireland Rally at
Easter. My brother and I  had our fair share of  Alfasuds, Sprints
and Guilettas in the early eighties. Those cars were made for the
Irish country roads.

Hey wait a minute, before I get to emotional and pack my bags to head
back to the old sod.... I've just checked on the web and that shiny new
Alfa Spider costs a whopping 32,000 Irish Punts (US$48,000) Yikes!!
and with gas (petrol) at $1 per litre or $4.50 per gallon, those weekend
drives can get very costly as reality sets in. Ah well, maybe when I make
my fortune here..;).Ha, ha!

Regards,
John Davis
Satellite Beach, Florida
89 Alfa Spider Veloce

PS. 'Slainte'(Health) to all my fellow Irish Alfisti in Ireland and around the
       world and if you're ever in Drogheda, check out the The Weavers on
       West Street for a pint and some 'craic' (fun).

End of alfa-digest V7 #441