Exhaust Diameters/Shankle system.

Cats,

Well, looks like the guy is reducing the 3" collector
to 2 1/4 which is a little bigger than Kartalamakis'
52 mm spec. (57mm). I'll see how that feels.

A note to anyone with Shankle headers. If you have
trouble with clearance, go see a person who does
custom exhausts, someone who can bend to fit.
They can redo the lower part and tuck it in perfectly.

There is another question in here: the Alfa shop that
first put on the Shankle system apparently left off the
little belt for the air injection pump to the upper exhaust
rail. I just noticed it and am sure it was on before.
What effect does this have on power? Also, what will
this do to the new catastrophic converter until I get it
put back on? Do I need to put it on right away?

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA